Being a leading textile exporter for years, the domestic fashion industry in Pakistan was not able to flourish and progress under the cloud of the typical manufacturing atmosphere. But the scenario has changed a lot during the last ten years, with Pakistani designers such as Shymyl and Deepak Perwani being recognized internationally on a number of occasions like the international fashion show organized last year in Turkey, where a leading Pakistani fashion designer won the first prize. Actually what gives the Pakistani fashion industry a cutting edge is its inspiration from the diverse cultural backgrounds that the region reflects. The fusion of western design concepts and domestic cultural shades paints a stimulating canvas that caters the needs of modern fashion and apparel industry today, thus marking a motivating evolutionary process that’s very interesting to study. In the paper, I’d debate with:
· The factors involved in the industry’s growth
· A brief history of the fashion in the region
· The effects of cultural diversity on the domestic fashion
· Pakistan’s fashion industry as a lucrative investment opportunity
· Pakistan’s fashion industry with respect to international scenario.
· The future of the domestic fashion scenario.
By: Arsalan Z Usmani
Submit Date: 6/7/2010 18:00