“”The new system, which costs EGP 8 million, has determined that 17 centres are to receive cotton crops directly from farmers with no intermediaries. Nine of [the centres] will be in Fayoum and the other eight in Beni Sweif. These centres will also provide farmers with special cotton packs as of 17 August to protect the crops from contamination,” Tawfik clarified””Tawfik also said that sales will be through public auction and in accordance with the American long-staple and short-staple cotton prices, where farmers earn the highest revenue in line with international prices””Tawfik added that that system gives farmers the right to be paid 70 percent of the sales price in cash, and that the remaining 30 percent are to be paid within one week of the public auction”.”